This website is one of the best sources for project updates, meeting announcements, and access to project documents and downloads. The Project Team will also provide project updates and announcements through the following resources:
- The Project E-mail List will allow the public to receive periodic project updates and notices via e-mail. Anyone interested in receiving these email updates should sign up on the Contact Us page
- Print Materials, including meeting flyers, newsletters, fact sheets and other documents will be distributed at public locations during the appropriate phases of the project. All materials will be prepared in English and can be translated into Spanish upon request.
- Announcements about upcoming project meetings and events will be made through various local media sources, especially local newspapers. The Project Team will coordinate with smaller news organizations, community based publications, local radio/cable stations, employer newsletters and tourism publications; therefore targeting media serving traditionally underserved communities such as the elderly and disabled needs of the region.
- The 24/7 Project Information Hotline, (855) 343-0130 will allow the public to call in to request project information, request special needs and to leave a project comment. The project hotline will include a recorded message that will dispense the latest project information, upcoming meetings/events and other project contact information.
How you can participate throughout the EIS process
Meetings will be held throughout the study process in an effort to inform the public and garner feedback on project issues. The following meetings will be advertised well in advance:
- Public Information Sessions / Hearings – Public Information Sessions have been held periodically to update the public on the status of the GCL project. Public Hearings will provide an opportunity to provide formal comment and input on the Draft EIS before it is finalized. Additionally, public hearings will be held with the publication of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement. These public hearings are expected to occur in late 2020.
- Targeted Outreach Meetings – Project updates for elected officials, stakeholders, major employers and other vested parties at critical points during the project or upon request.
- Next Opportunity to Interact with the Project Team – The public is always welcome to submit comments via the Project email at email@example.com.
Additionally, informal group or individual meetings can be requested by local or state officials, community or interest groups, major employers, stakeholders and any other group representing a specific geographic area or having a direct interest in the project.